Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What's in a Name?

While I was away this week, I had some time to really think about the name for my pattern club.  One of the things I've always thought was so special about quilters is the ability to become friends quickly.  I've made some very special friends through my work.  Going to market twice a year, teaching at retreats, lecturing at guild shows, visiting quilt shops. 

The group of people that follow what I do, my pattern club members, my blog and face book friends, they are all  people that like the same things I do.  We share a passion for "primitive" quilting.  It's those people that I'm the closest to in the quilting world. 

I've thought long and hard about a name for the pattern club.  I've received so many wonderful choices that it's been very difficult to pick just one and it seems like it's taken a very long time to choose.

Let me introduce you to the Primitive Pieces by Lynda pattern club's new name

BACK DOOR FRIENDS

It's because our closest friends always use the back door when they come to visit that makes this name perfect.  I consider my pattern club back door friends.   I hope you like the name chosen.  I'll be back with more details soon!

5 comments:

paulette said...

I LOVE the name!! And you are SO right...your best buddies always use the back door!!
Take care!
Paulette

Carol said...

I LOVE it! It's a perfect name!

WoolenSails said...

I love it!
That is perfect for your new group and the welcoming feeling it portrays.

Debbie

Shakerwood said...

Great choice! I'm glad to be one of your back door friends. Especially since your back door leads to that wonderful sewing room of yours !!

suz said...

Sounds like a great name - look forward to what you have in mind!