Thursday, July 7, 2011

Always exciting!



I love sharing pictures of what other's make from something I've created.  It's one of the most exciting part of what I do as a designer. 

A year or so ago I met a delightful couple at Quilts on Plum Lane in Dade City, Florida when I was there to sign my new book.  Dolores purchased my Block Party and Moonshine Patterns.  Dolores sent me pictures of both of the quilts she's made.  Thank you so much Dolores.....you did a great job!!! 

Sandy from New York wrote to me asking if she could have permission to enlarge the COLD DAYS templates because she wanted to make a pillow for her bed.  First, thank you for asking.  Second,  I absolutely love the pillow Sandy......great job!  Those guys are sure to keep the cold at bay!!!

Please send me pictures of what you make.  I love sharing them with everyone. 

8 comments:

Anna said...

I love seeing everyone's work also! Thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

Interesting to see the Cold Days enlarged to pillow size. What a good idea.

WoolenSails said...

Love the snowmen on the bed, fun idea.
I have the one for the prim magazine to make for this year.

Debbie

deb-bee said...

Beautiful quilts and I bought the Primitive Quilts & Projects mag. I love your snowmen table runner and it looks good as a bed pillow too. I can't wait to see other ideas you have for the mag. in the future. ;-)

Jocelyn said...

Sigh, I too bought Block party at Quilts on Plum Lane, but have yet to make it. The pictures are beautiful :-)

Sharon said...

Loved all of these projects! the snowmen are on my to-do list, and I like the idea of enlarging them!

Valerie from West Australia said...

PLEASE ! what is the name of the bottom quilt and where can I get the pattern ? ALSO.....
I live on a farm in West Australia and have only just discovered the beautiful quilts by Lynda. I am desperate to get hold of some of her patterns and/or books, especially "Play Date ", and "Grampa's Saw Mill", and "The Old Nag" etc. etc. I have tried countless times to access Primitive Pieces by Lynda website but have had no luck. I have no shops within 300 kms, and even then have had no luck. I generally buy on the internet and would greatly apprecate some help in locating more of these quilts.

Unknown said...

Valerie, Please email me at
piecemaker51@aol.com for information on the patterns you are looking for. I just found out that my website is broken and needs to be changed over to a new system. This is going to take a couple 3 weeks or more, but business is as usual. If you provide me with a list of the patterns you want I can send you a paypal invoice since you say you usually purchase on line. The quilt at the bottom? If you are talking about the one on this blog, the quilt facing you is Block Party...the one to the left is from my book A Little Porch Time.....Welcome to Primitive Pieces by Lynda. I'm really glad you found me. Hugs, Lynda