Thursday, September 1, 2011

For Kendall - Aunt Ree's Raspberry Jam

Kendall, my 2nd cousin, wrote to me saying we were related, but we've never met.  lol
Sheila, kendall's mom is my cousin and Kendall is her daughter.  How fun to get a note from Kendall regarding this quilt which is about her gramma, (my Aunt Ree).  Aunt Ree's Raspberry Jam has always been a popular quilt among my pattern line.  I think the complimentary colors - purple/yellow - are what set this quilt off.  

If you visit my website....http://www.primitivepiecesbylynda.com
and click on the parlor room button you can see other people's version of this quilt.

Thanks Kendall for bringing this to my attention...........Aunt Ree would be so proud of her quilt.  Uncle Jim (your grampa) was also featured in "The Old Nag", "Fiddlin Around" and Jeeper's Creepers"  - these can also be seeing on my website.
http://www.primitivepiecesbylynda.com.  in either the keeping room or the patterns page.




4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is the perfect name for that quilt, love the colors you use, your quilts are always so perfect with the fabrics you choose.

Debbie

Kendall said...

WOW! Thanks Lynda! A post for me (i'm lol and crying at the same time!) I sure was not expecting that today. Thank you. Grandma would be so pround, I can hear her chuckle now. Me and my 3 cusians spent so much time with them when we were younger. (Pam Ryans children, mom sister) We would do sleep overs every chance we got!!!!
Thanks again!!!!! My day just got Greater!!!

Unknown said...

That is a really neat story. Love the quilt, of course!

MiSala said...

Lynda wonderful quilt...
The colors it's so, so pretty!!!