Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cold Days

Good Morning,
I received this picture yesterday from Loretta.  She's had the Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine from the beginning and really liked the Cold Days Pattern I had in it.
BUT, she's a rug hooker, so she decided to hook the piece instead of working with wool applique.  Thought you would love seeing Cold Days all hooked up into a rug! 

There are all kinds of ways you can enjoy a pattern, just by thinking outside of the box!


Thanks Loretta for sharing your picture with all of us........You did a great job!

Here is Loretta's blog so you can see other fun hooked pieces she's made.... enjoy!
hookedonthelake.wordpress.com  

5 comments:

Angie said...

Love this rug!! Excellent way to use the pattern.

WoolenSails said...

I love how that looks hooked up. That is one thing I would love to see in the magazine, the design in a small version so I can make it smaller if I want or punch it.

Debbie

MARCIE said...

That rug turned out great! What a fun way to translate your pattern to her craft of choice.

Cindy said...

Nice! I remember this design and I've been wanting to do it....hmm....will I have time this year?
Enjoy your day!

Unknown said...

Cinlyn, Not sure about hooking it in time for this year, but the original pattern could be made it pretty quick. Wool applique is easy and fast to do.