Monday, December 31, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR + TWO WINNERS

Sitting here writing to you about another new year that will start in just a few short hours seems so strange to me.  This entire year has flown by, but yet it seems to have taken me longer to get things done this year than any other that I can remember.  The harder I try the behinder I get.......for example, there were two posts on my blog - one in November and the other for the Primitive Christmas blog hop and the winners have just this week been notified by email.

The November drawing was for posting what you were thankful for......and the winner of that drawing is:   Lori DeJarnatt - she was able to pick out a FREE pattern.  Her choice is "It's a Crock" which will be mailed to her this week.  Congratulations Lori!

The December drawing was for the Primitive Christmas Blog Hop.....and the winner of that drawing is:  Kathy Anderson - she has won the homespun garland give away that was posted on the hop.  Her garland will be mailed to her this week.    Congratulations Kathy!  (If you didn't join in the Christmas blog, be sure to check out the FREE pattern listed on the right hand side of my blog)

I don't do New Years resolutions because I just can't keep them, but do hope to accomplish some of the goals I've set for myself.   This past year I worked very hard putting the Deck the Halls book together.......a VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to everyone that has purchased the book.  I can't wait to see pictures of what you make.  Sandy Jones has already sent me a picture of her "Chilly's Big Brother" from the book.......I hope you will do so also.

Watch for the spring issue of the Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine.....I will have a wool Crazy Double Wedding Ring quilt in that one.  Let me know what you think.

So, 2013 is going to be mostly about Primitive Pieces by Lynda.  I hope you will like the new quilt patterns coming your way.  Also, watch for the remaining 3 pillowcase covers to go with the one called WINTER.

I'm also working on a project that I hope American Patchwork and Quilting will love and put in their magazine this coming year.  I made promises to Jennifer and Elizabeth at fall market.......I'm just sayin' (grin)

Also, watch the website Pantry........more quilty offerings and stuff will be added.
I'm getting run out of my house, so please help me out here. 

So from me to you............HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!  Tons of hope that it will be a healthy and prosperous one for each of us.

Hugs, Lynda








4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Congratulations to the winners! I found Cranbrook Christmas in a thrift store, so grabbed it. Lots of projects and plans this year, but I will do what I can, when I want and enjoy creating, that will be enough;) I hope you have a wonderful New Years and may you and your family be blessed in the coming year.

Debbie

Quilting by the Lake said...

Lynda, the Winter pillowcase cover is cute. Does it fit a bed pillow or what size pillow is it for?

Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

The Winter pillowcase was made to cover a pillow sitting on my couch...storing pillows becomes a problem here at my house, so needed to cover it so it could stay out for the holidays...but, having said that, I don't see why the actual pillowcase could be made to fit a bed pillow and enlarge the snowman to fit it. Or, you could keep it the size it is and applique two on the bed pillowcase so that they stand up when on the bed. just a thought or 2.

Lori said...

Thank you Lynda!! Happy new year!!