Friday, February 8, 2013

Thank you........

A great big thank you to the Largo Quilt Guild for making me feel very special on Monday.  I took 100+ items with me to share and then did a color class.  Annette, whom I had met before was there.  It was so nice seeing her again.  And, speaking of that, Annette sent me this email and picture to share today. 

Hi Lynda,

Bill and I were in "Cracker Country" at the Florida State Fair this morning.
In the old houses there is usually a woman sitting in a rocking/chair hand
quilting. As I usually do (being the shy and retiring person that I am) I
ask what they are working on. Imagine my surprise when the subject of the
attached picture told me that she was working on a quilt called "Wild
Things". Before she could get another word in, I laughed and told her it
was from a pattern by Lynda Hall for Apopka and that I had spent the day
with you on Monday.

She said she was a member of the Piecemaker's club in Brandon and that she
had taken a class from you there. Unfortunately, I do not know her name -
nothing to write on. She said she would love for you to have a picture of
it, but that although she did have a camera, she did not know how to email
it to you. I told her I did and that before the day was over you would have
her picture.

She was a delight and it was a fun conversation and connection.
Take care, Annette




Although I do recognize her face, and the quilt she's working on, I'm afraid at my age....darn it.....I can't remember her name either.    I love her quilt and I'm so happy she was working on it for the fair day. 

Thanks Annette for sending me the picture!

2 comments:

Linda Lee said...

A beautiful quilt. Once again shows that there is a great sisterhood of quilters!

WoolenSails said...

That is wonderful and so nice that she got a photo to share with you.

Debbie