Thursday, July 9, 2009



If you are one to take classes, here's the perfect item for you........The picture above shows two different sizes of "pattern bags" The one on the left is for opened up patterns in the larger plastic bags and/or a book that has the pattern in it that you will be making. The one on the right is for the folded patterns. These will be patterns by the first of September.






And, how many sewing roll-ups does a body need? Well, I think one of each kind I see would make me happy.....While teaching at PMW it's fun to walk around and see all the fun stuff people keep their sewing notions in. I had a hard time deciding which one - well, perhaps several - I wanted to take with me that I have in my collection. I had the pattern club drawing coming up and wanted to make something for the winner (which I try to do every time there is one) so made these. I think I've given away 3 of these now. They are fun to make and take hardly no time at all. They will be patterns by the first of September. I will let everyone know.






19 comments:

Mary said...

Really really cute! Are they wool?

Unknown said...

Hi Gwendie - Thank you! - Both are fabric with wool appliqué and coming soon!       

antique quilter said...

I love sewing roll ups!
you can never have enough and these are cute!
like the idea that you mixed fabrics and wools
Hard to choose which one I like best...the first one?
no the last one!
Kathie

Carol said...

I love 'em! They are just wonderful!
I need to come to your house for a lesson!

Karen said...

I agree that it is hard to know just what is the perfect carry-all for your sewing notions. Your projects shown today all look good!

Unknown said...

Hi Kathie - thank you - since they all come
from one pattern you could have all of them...!
But, I bet you could come up with your
own colorway and really be happy!

Unknown said...

Hi carol - thanks bunches! A sewing day is in the
works. Will let you know real soon.

Unknown said...

Hi Karen, thank you! My theroy is, the more
you have which you can choose from, the less
opportunity there is for any of them wearing out!
I really hate when something I love doesn't last....

WoolenSails said...

Lynda,
Those are wonderful roll ups. I love working with wool. Those are great ideas for gift giving.

Debbie

Unknown said...

Hi Debbie, Thank you! I'm really glad you liked them. Wool applique makes it so easy! I'm also working on a new quilt that is fabric and wool applique. Can't wait to show everyone! It's almost together.

Libby said...

Oh my - they are just delicious and September will be here in just a minute or two. So glad you've jumped in to the land of Blog - I think you're going to like it here *s*

Unknown said...

Hi Libby....Thank you. I'm learning! I'm just slower than most! I will let you know when
these are ready and also what else is coming your way!

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh my ... I love them!!! :o))))

Unknown said...

Thank you Stina! I'm really glad you like them.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh these are so "sew" cute! I've got to get one!

Unknown said...

Hey Dawn, You can see one in person if you can get with Lynn. She won one the last pattern club drawing........glad you like them.

Karen said...

OH my goodness these are adorable and I can't wait for the pattern - I don't think you can ever have enough fun roll ups and pin cushions and those with wool - yummmmmy, lol

Karen

Unknown said...

Hi Karen,
The roll ups will be ready later this summer.......I will be teaching some classes that include some of the new stuff coming out, but after that, they will be patterns. I'll make sure everyone knows.

Unknown said...

Hi Karen,
The roll ups will be ready later this summer.......I will be teaching some classes that include some of the new stuff coming out, but after that, they will be patterns. I'll make sure everyone knows.