Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mockingbirds vs Mocking Birds

Here it is Sunday and time for the game to end....Mockingbirds (all together) is a type of bird. Now, a mocking bird is a bird that mocks what it hears. Mockingbirds are typically gray/white with beautiful tails....but in my world of primitive and the quilt I am creating, the birds are different colors and have hardly any tails.....(artistic license taken here!). I wanted to make sure that IF I named a quilt "Mocking Birds" that people would not confuse the "type" of bird and think I was crazy because of the colors/shapes I used. So, I see that you understood what I meant and I can name the quilt Mocking Birds.....ok, enough said on that. Everyone that participated will be receiving a free copy of "Mocking Birds" as a thank you.........as soon as it is printed. If I don't have your snail mail address, please be sure to write to me personally - piecemaker51@aol.com - so that I can mail you your copy. Thanks for playing along. I really appreciate it.

Mocking Birds is a pieced fabric wall hanging with wool applique in the middle border.

13 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh.. that explains a lot.. the Mockingbirds vs the Mocking Bird... :o) Thanks for explaining...Any way... gosh you made it again.. another lovely quilt!!! :o))
Its wonderful!!

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Thanks for explaining that, I googled them but it still seemed the same. Love your new quilt!

Carol said...

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! your Mocking Birds!

Mary said...

I had no idea what the difference was even after I looked it up! I love the quilt.

Anne said...

HI LYNDA! I just found your blog. I'm so glad I did. Remember me? Anne from Market? Bunnyhill's helper? Will you be in Houston?

WoolenSails said...

Lynda,
That is a beautiful quilt, I love the pattern.
We have cat birds that sound like cats, are they mocking the cats? LOL

Debbie

Wendy said...

Oh I didn't know anything about mockingbirds, thanks for explaining.

Unknown said...

Hi Everyone,
Thank you....I'm so glad you liked the quilt. My Mocking Birds Thank you too!

If you commented on the original post about Mockingbirds vs. Mocking Birds - you will be receiving a free copy of the new pattern. I've received some of your mailing addresses, but not all. The pattern isn't printed yet, but I will send it to you as soon as they are.

Debbie - if your cat birds sound like cats then they are mocking them for sure! I'd love to hear that!

Jeanette said...

Hi Lynda, I just heard you had a blog! That's great, I love your patterns and am excited to see your new designs as you make them. I LOVE your new Mocking Birds quilt, I think I will have to make that one.

Kim Brackett said...

The Mocking Birds quilt is beautiful! I found your blog through Wendy (Snippets of a Quilter), and I'm so happy about it. I really love your work!

Karen said...

Oh I just love that quilt, well I love all of your patterns and your great style.

Karen

Gayle said...

YAY! I'm so happy to learn that you've started blogging Lynda! I wish you'd sent out a note to everyone on your newsletter list - then I wouldn't have been late to the party! Anyway, welcome to the blogging world - you'll be great at it!

Unknown said...

Hi Gayle - Oops! I thought I did.... Sorry!
But glad you found me!