Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Sunflowers are blooming!







It's hard to believe it's almost August....one of the hottest months here in Florida. But, the sunflowers are blooming and so much fun to see. The first quilt I ever designed was inspired by two things...my great aunt, Robena, who was affectionately called "Auntie Bean" and sunflowers I saw growing along a fence down the road from me. The quilt was named "Auntie Bean's Stalks". Ever since then I've planted my own skyscraper sunflowers...the pictures you see above are along my fence. And, along side the quilt hanging over our fence as well, is our bloodhound, Skeeter. He was just a gangly puppy then. Now, he's retired from the sheriff's office.


15 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Well hello there neighbor. Well maybe not exactly neighbors, but I am a Florida girl too. And we have a very similar email addy as well :-) Welcome to the land of blog!

Jocelyn
http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/

WoolenSails said...

What beautiful sunflowers. I never did get to plant mine, I got some red versions to try.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Sunflowers just scream summertime. Beautiful photo!

Carol said...

Oh I always love your sunflowers! Look at that cute Skeeter!

Unknown said...

Thank you Jocelyn for the welcome! I'm on my way to visit your blog!

Unknown said...

Thank you Debbie.......red? I'm not sure I've seen those, but it's my favorite color. I'll have to look for them.

Wendy said...

Sunflowers are so wonderful to see, thanks for sharing your sunflowers and gorgeous quilt.

Karen said...

Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers and yours look great and so does the quilt. Skeeter looks pretty cute by that quilt.

Karen

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy and Karen,
Thank you.........sunflowers are just happy looking I think. I always have to show the quilt when I show the flowers.....I guess because of the name of the quilt.
Karen, I'll tell Skeeter what you said. lol

Unknown said...

Love the sunflowers both ways.
great quilt, it is so happy looking.

Unknown said...

Thank you Katie..........! I like them both ways too!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE sunflowers!! And that quilt. I made one for myself a couple years ago. It's wonderful.

Stina Blomgren said...

You just have to love sunflowers... and your quilt too!! :o)

Unknown said...

I'd love to see your Auntie Bean's Stalk quilt - Red Geramium Cottage...sharing pictures on my website always makes me happy!

Unknown said...

Thank you Stina....