Thursday, July 2, 2009

Primitives of the Midwest

By now you've heard that PMW has come and gone for 2009..it seems like it takes forever for it to get here and then poof, it's over. It was a wonderful week of seeing old friends, meeting new ones. No cooking, no cleaning - lots of shopping, sewing, and eating! A little wine too!


Jennifer Keltner from American Patchwork and Quilting was the opening night guest speaker. She's full of fun and showed some amazing quilts coming your way in all the magazines they publish. So, be on the look out. There's even one of mine that will be in the December issue of AP&Q.



She gave us all a badge to wear proudly for the entire week....we were not to be seen without it.......
There was so much going on during the week......pajama party, dinner out with friends, a group road trip to Greenwood to shop, eat and shop some more. Did I mention the fact that I shipped home 3 boxes of stuff? It arrived this morning!! How fun is that? Pizza party and some down time to just sew and/or enjoy all the history that surrounds Lee's Summit. We drove to Liberty and Independence and had the best time visiting the frontier museum, the railroad museum and I'll have pictures to share of that as well.





I taught 3 classes - two new quilts for spring and a wool table rug -


A two day class - The Gathering Baskets - a new spring quilt pattern
A one day class - Bull's Eye - new spring quilt pattern
A half day class - It's a Crock! (wool table rug)

Class picture of the Gathering Baskets class - Cathy, Linda, Lynda, Deborah and Linda (do you see a pattern there?)


There were just two in the bull's eye class and one had to leave because of a death in the family. The It's a Crock! class was the largest one.....it is a wool table mat.....it was fun to see everyone having a good time putting their's together. I will be teaching this as well at the Buggy Barn in August. If you are in that area I hope you'll come join the class.

I will be posting more pictures of the trip for you to see, plus there are some new patterns in the works. If you are not familiar with my website, I hope you'll take a look see...http://www.primitivepiecesbylynda.com ....the new patterns for spring are posted, there are e-patterns too. Join the mailing list and you'll be among the first to see any new patterns that are born.

Happy 4th of July.....be safe and have fun!
Hugs, Lynda































































































































































































6 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

Ahhh... so much fun... I know I wanted to be there.... maybe this is something to aim for... Im saving for a trip to USA!! :o))

Unknown said...

Hi Stina,
I hope you get to come to the states and to PMW.
I've been teaching there since Rita at Quilter's Station started it. Actually, I taught at the Liberty Gathering in Liberty, Mo...the last year Julie had the shop there. I look forward to going every year. Where do you live?

Hugs, Lynda

Karen said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! Come visit my blog some day soon.

Unknown said...

Hi Karen,
Thank you...I was able to visit your site. Thanks for the email back! Is that a Wilcox and Gibbs sewing machine? I was given one by a very special quilter friend of mine.

Judy said...

Hi Lynda,

I was trying to email to order some patterns but I can't find your emails address anywhere and the form that pops up has so many questions about my server?? that I finally closed it out. Please emails me at jwkittles@cox.net with your email address if you will. You were in my address book until this past weekend when the computer crashed! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi Judy,
I'm sorry your computer crashed! Here's my email address............piecemaker51@aol.com or you can just click on Topaz's picture on the home page of my website and she'll get you to me!