Monday, September 28, 2009

It's beginning to look like fall has arrived.....









I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I have been very busy. Transforming the house for the fall months is always a happy time here....you can never have to many fall decorations out, especially in Florida. We create the atmosphere, probably because we don't get the seasonal feel with the cooler temperatures. The witches, pumpkin guys and ghouls started to arrive this week..Scarecrows too. Becca, Sarah, Pa and I went to the pumpkin patch to get our first pumpkin for the season...well, actually, I picked out the biggest one I could find. I don't know what it weighs, but it's about 18 inches tall and the stem is 11 inches. It's a beauty and will make a great jack-o-lantern for our Halloween bon fire Halloween weekend. Becca and Sarah came home with ones they could carry....pie pumpkins.....but I remember Sarah saying, it's heavy gramma! She's 2

The guys that usually are present on the porch to greet guests haven't shown up yet, but I'm sure they will before it's over. As soon as I get my Fall Reversible Quilt back from Moda and quilt market, I'll hang it in the stairwell. I hope you make one too! And, if you do, please send me a picture!

It's such a wonderful time of year...............HAPPY FALL YA'LL

9 comments:

Carol said...

It's a little cooler out this morning...I think our fall is coming...LOL! It may only last 15 minutes. Love your fall decorations...can't wait to see them.

Gail said...

Lynda...I was lucky enough to receive my copy of your new pattern, Mocking Birds. It is beautiful and thanking for signing it!
We are having our first real day of rain after the most beautiful summer. I have my garden cleaned out (well almost)...my freezer full of it's bounty and I am ready for rainy days full of sewing!
Thanks for all you do and for the pattern.
Best regards from Gail in Washington State

Anonymous said...

It sure feels like Fall is coming quickly. It dropped 20 degrees from yesterday.
Oh how I wish I lived closer to see your Fall treasures up close and personal.

Karen said...

I enjoyed seeing your fall decor. And you are right that we have to make our own fall look here in Florida.

Judy said...

My windows are open so it's getting closer!! I bet I could come to your house and not sit down for about 3 hours just wandering around and peeking at every little thing! LOVE the decorations and all those dolls and witches!

Nancy in MT said...

Love your fall decorating, we had snow last night so I think we have started on winter already.
Nancy in MT

WoolenSails said...

I just love your decorating and always check your site for new pictures. Your arrangements are always so prim and warm feeling.

Debbie

Shakerwood said...

As usual, your eye for decorating is absolutely wonderful. I have always enjoyed the pictures of your home and am absolutely green with envy over your sewing room. Even made Dear Hubby look at all the pictures of it......for future reference.

Gayle said...

Lynda - I adore seeing your home decorated for the different seasons and holidays. Keep on sharing - PLEASE!