Saturday, October 10, 2009

A lovely surprise




When I returned home yesterday, waiting for me in my mailbox was a package from the Kansas City Star.
To my delight,  I received a copy of the "MY STARS II" book.  Several months ago they put out a notice, to everyone interested,  to submit a quilt that was made from a list of blocks that the KC STAR published over the years in their newspaper.  Back in April of this year they published the first book and because of it's popularity, they decided to do a volume II.  Well, it's out and ready for anyone that would like to order one.  I submitted my Snow Trails quilt made from the snails trail block.  It was chosen to be in the book, which was a delight in itself.

What was fun is that when I was looking through the book I felt it would make a wonderful sampler quilt using all the blocks.  The snails trail quilt I made was from the block they published back in November 1935.   I was born in November - just not 1935!  Isn't it funny how things sometimes work out?

If you would like a copy of the book, you can order it through  http://www.pickledish.com

7 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Congratulations on getting our quilt in the book.
It is a beautiful quilt and have always loved your designs and colors. I am committed to finish what I have started and then I can make the new pattern you sent me. I just love the design.

Debbie

Kim Brackett said...

Congratulations! I love your Snow Trails quilt. Can't wait to see the book.

Juliann said...

How fun! And I picked up my APQ magazine last night and saw the lovely little pear tree quilt you designed. That one is also going on my must make list.

Shakerwood said...

Congratulations on being selected. You alwasy do such great work!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations....your work is fantastic!!

Wintersqlts said...

Lynda, I am so glad you are getting more and more recognition for your patterns, and I do love the pattern in the APQ magazine!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lynda-- well deserved
Love the one in APQ hopefully we will get it made soon. Love all your stuff and the "Look" you give it. Thanks for all your hard work.Enjoy your vacation.
Carolyn