Wednesday, March 24, 2010

MAY BASKETS

This July I will be teaching at Primitive of the Midwest in Lee's Summit, Missouri.
I just finished one of the projects I'll be doing - May Baskets - so thought I would share it with all of you.  It is 20 x 65 1/2 inches.  It is pieced fabrics with wool applique.  It was designed with the center pieced, but plain so  when you sit something on your table you don't hide any of the design.   If you plan to attend and take the class, bring your own table measurement with you so you can make this table runner to fit your table.  I will be teaching two others classes and will post pictures of each project when it's completed.
You can check out all the details for this retreat by visiting the Quilter's Station website:  http://www.quiltersstation.com/  and follow the link to PMW 2010.   I hope to see you there.

22 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful runner, love the appliques and the fabrics you used.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful!! Mr. Owl?

Carol said...

I love it! I'm also nuts about the angel quilt you have in the upper left corner of your blog...is that for Primitives too? Will we be able to get a pattern one day??

Nancy in MT said...

I love the runner with the addition of the applique, wish I could say I could go.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful runner!

antique quilter said...

beautiful table runner!
Wonder if Rita will kit it up for the class
would look great on my farm house table too!
Kathie

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Wonderful table runner and appliqued may basket makes it perfect!

Rocking Chair Stitches said...

Lynda is there a pattern for this yet?? Love It

Stina Blomgren said...

You have done it again.. a lovely lovely new quilty item. ;o) Wish I could be at the retreat... that would be something to dream about.. think I said this the last year too..;o))) One can dream ..:o)

Stina Blomgren said...

You have done it again.. a lovely lovely new quilty item. ;o) Wish I could be at the retreat... that would be something to dream about.. think I said this the last year too..;o))) One can dream ..:o)

Quilts And Pieces said...

oooo Lynda! I love it!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great table runner! Wish I could attend!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

LOVE it Lynda. It's wonderful.

Cheryl said...

Wish I could be at PMW with you--your runner looks wonderful! Maybe see you in Minneapolis?

sandyb said...

great table runner - i also vote for the pattern - sometime in the fall?

Jo said...

This is beautiful. Are you going to offer it as a pattern or is it a show exclusive>

paulette said...

Gorgeous runner, Lynda!! I love the colours!
Paulette

Karen said...

This may be one of the pretiest things I've ever seen. Is this an original? Your work is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Thank you everyone! The May Baskets will be a pattern later this year. The classes I'll be teaching at PMW are at the end of July. I will let everyone know when they are ready. Happy Spring!

Mr. Owl? Still MIA

Enga Krahmer said...

wou der Tischläufer ist ein Traumhaftes Teil,suuuuper
lg Enga

Brenda said...

I would love to have this pattern. Great colors and textures.

Serena said...

I love this table runner. Will there be a pattern available?